Friday, April 22, 2011

Nuts and Bolts: A Dieter's Prayer

We have actually made it to the last section of the cook book, once through!  The final section, 'Nuts and Bolts', includes various inspirational and informational tidbits.

"A Dieter's Prayer"

Lord, grant me the strength
That I may not fall
Into the clutches of cholesterol.
The road to hell is paved with butter.
Cake is cursed, cream is awful
And Satan in hiding in every waffle.

Beelzebub is a chocolate drop,
Lucifer is a lollipop.
Teach me the evils of Hollandaise,
Of pasta and gobs of mayonnaise,

And crisp fried chicken from the South.
If you love me, Lord, shut my mouth.

                                         - Anonymous

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Here's the challenge: I'm going to make each recipe in the cookbook, "Trophy Recipes from Columbia Classics Car Club 1992-2002,' Tri-Cities, WA", one recipe per section, and blog about it.  And then I'll go on to the next section.

Next Section: Appetizers, Snacks & Beverages
Next Recipe:  Candied Brie with Apple Wedges
I'll be back after while!.  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment